Having problems wiht pigdin

Been using Pigden for yrs. got new desktop and installed pigden on it. will connect for a big then disconnect after about 15 mins, and says " unable to connect" . Only way it wll connect again is to restart my computer! Only to go though same thing again with disconnection. re-installed and still doing it. HELP

You can try opening the debug window via Help -> Debug Window and attempt to reconnect and look for any messages that might give more information about what’s going on.

checking out the debug window, but not sure what i am even looking for there

Okay, lets start from the top. What version of Pidgin is this and what protocol are you connecting to?

using Pidgin 2.14.12 (libpurple 2.14.12) . trying to get onto jabber.hot-chilli.net - Jabber/XMPP - made in Germany chat room, gets even stranger, finally was working for 5 hours then suddenly said sever closed . i restart desktop and it works again! so it randomly disconnects and i can not re connnect, but if i restart desktop it works (for awhile)

This looks like the server has been having issues today. I’m basing on their server metrics showing downtime today and the fact that I couldn’t reach the site earlier which I mentioned on reddit.

At any rate, let us know if the issue persists, but it’s unlikely we (pidgin) will be able to do anything about it.